ChineseJapanese  Bookmark    Print Page

Site Search

China Tours

Single City & Budget Tours

China Highlights Tours

Silk Road Tours

Yangtze River Cruise

Tibet Tours

Shangri-La Tours

Tailor Made Tours

Join-in Tours


China Hotel

Xi'an Hotel

Beijing Hotel

Shanghai Hotel

Guiling Hotel

More Hotels...




The Chef

Adoption tour

Museum Special

Private Museum

An-Wu Village



Reservation & Conditions

Currency Converter

Payment Options

About US

Order Inquiry


searching now


Booking With China Bravo Tours

Q. Does your quotation include the international flight?

A: The quotation of Chinabravo Tours does not include fares for international arrival and departure flights.

Q. When do I need to make the reservation?

A: We recommend you make the reservations 1 month prior to your departure date. But if you want to tour in China the on the high season, for instance, on May, September and October, make your reservation the early the better. Late reservation can not be guaranteed. We recommend you to call us directly by telephone if your reservation is very late.

Q. I want to amend my booking. How do I do this?

A: The lead passenger on your booking can call our Sales Team on +86 29 85223170 , or drop us an e-mail, quoting the booking reference. You will then be advised of any amendment charges and a new invoice will be sent out to you via email

Q. I want to cancel my booking or one of the passengers off my booking - how do I do this?

A: The lead passenger on your booking needs to notify us of the cancellation in writing, quoting the booking reference and the reasons for cancelling via email, fax, if possible. We cannot accept any cancellations over the phone. You will then be invoiced for any outstanding monies or refunded any monies owing.

Q.What type of customer service is offered?

A: After submitting your reservation request, you will be provided with an email address to make inquires about your request. Our qualified and friendly agents are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (including holidays) to answer your questions both online and offline. All you have to do is ask.

Q. Once I have made my reservation, will I receive any written confirmation?

A: No. The email confirmation you receive from us is all you will need. It displays your Itinerary, the hotel information, the rate, confirmation number, and the cancellation policy.

Q. I don't have long to wait for a confirmation. What can I do?

A: Typically, most reservations are made in real time and your confirmation should take a work day. You will be notified of the status of your reservation within 2 to 4 hours. However, there can be delays. In such cases, you will receive an email from us without a confirmation number. When the confirmation number is done, it will be emailed to you. If there is a special request or rate change associated with your reservation, the request will be sent to a Customer Care agent for processing. You may contact us directly at here.

Q. From what location does the service depart?

A: Our services depart from designated meeting points, hotels, theatres, and tour operator offices. You will receive exact instructions with the E-Ticket that is sent confirming your order.

Q. I have not received a reply to my emails, why?

A: Some email internet providers can mark general emails such as those sent from us as "spam." Please check your spam folder for previous email replies. If you have your spam filter set on the highest ranking, only emails from senders in your address box will go into your inbox. Any other emails (such as replies from internet sites you have booked on) will go into a "spam" folder. These emails can sit in this folder for up to 7 days, and then your email system will automatically delete them.

Q. How far in advance can I book?

A: Most services can be reserved from us for up to six month in advance. While our business is making reservations, some products are available on a first-come first-serve basis on the scheduled date. This will be explained on your e-ticket.

Q. How will I receive my tickets?

A: 30 days prior to your tour (or within 72 hours prior to your tour), you will receive an E-Ticket (ticket sent by email) confirming all details. If your tour or activity is in less than 72 hours, we will provide your e-ticket as quickly as possible. Simply print your E-Ticket, and present it when you check-in. Your confirmation/E-Ticket will include a contact number for the operations staff; please call that number at least 24 hours prior to the tour to confirm any details. We do not mail tickets. We can e-mail the electronic tickets to you or fax tickets to hotels, if necessary.

Q. How can I get a refund for my booking?

A: All credit requests or refund requests must be in writing. Please fax requests to +86-29-85360933 or write to

Be sure to include the following:
1: The full name under which the reservation was made;
2: Reservation ID Number;
3: Email address;
4: Date of your tour/hotel/activity;
5: Code of the tour/hotel/activity that was booked;
6: Date of the credit card transaction (the date you placed your tour/hotel/activity order with us);
7: Amount of the transaction;
8: A telephone number where you can be reached if necessary;
9: and a brief explanation of the reason for the credit/cancellation request. (We need to know exactly why you are requesting a credit, so please provide all the detail needed for us to make an evaluation of the request.) The Cancellation Policy and Terms apply to any refund requests.

Refunding to credit card
We can refund to your credit card. Please send us the following information:
1. Credit card type;
2. Credit card number;
3. Issuing Bank of the Credit card;
4. The address and SWIFT of the above bank;
5. Credit card holder's full name, nationality, birth date;
6. The Billing address.

Q. How to use PayPal?

A: Make sure you can use PayPal for the transfer.
PayPal has built a secure payment network of more than 190 countries and regions. Please click here to check out their service at your country. In case your country is not included in the network, you can choose to pay by wire transfer.

If you already have a PayPal account
We will send you a payment request email in which you will see the booking number. Now. Simply input the booking code in the “Oder Inquiry” search engine almost at right top of our home page and then click the icon of “PayPal”. It will login directly the payment page of PayPal. Follow the instructions; it is fast and easy for you to make a payment online. PayPal will inform us after your payment is done successfully.

If you do not have a PayPal account
You can have one free account easily on or when you receive the payment request email, click the button Pay Now, input your credit card information and other personal information required by PayPal to make the payment. PayPal will inform us after your payment is done successfully.

Note: If you choose to pay by credit card online via PayPal, please be kindly advised that additional 3.9%+30 cents service charge will be charged by the bank. However there is no additional charge from us if your payment is made by T/T (Telegraphic Transfer or wire transfer) except the service charged by the banks both in & out of China. Normally the service of wire is more expensive than PayPay.

Q. What payment methods do you use?

A: A deposit of 100USD per person is required at the beginning of your booking, or you may transfer the 70% of the cost of your tour 40 days prior your departure.

Payment Methods
* Pay us via credit card/Paypal at least 40 days before tour date.
* Pay us in cash upon arrival for the balance (USD and Chinese currency are both acceptable).
* Wire transfer payment to bank account of our company at least 3 weeks before tour date.
* Pay Sunshine Travel New York, USA

For credit card only
We will draw Chinese currency (RMB) from your credit card.
We convert Chinese RMB to US Dollars at a rate of Bank of China on the day (about RMB 6.7 = US$1) for our quotations but must charge your credit card in Chinese currency (RMB). Banks and Credit Card companies may use rate that are less favorable to you than our rate.
Here is an example:
We quote RMB670 for travel and this equates to US$100 at exchange rate RMB6.7 = US$1 in our quotation. Banks and credit card companies will usually use a rate that enables them to make a profit on the exchange transaction. This will mean that RMB670 equates to US$100 and they will charge $104 to your credit card. The difference of $4 is the profit that has been made by the bank in China or credit card. We have no way to alter this situation and we get no benefit from the difference appearing on your credit card.
We currently quote tour prices in US Dollars on our web site to give you an idea of the tour cost and quote in RMB to you at the time when you are making bookings.



Q. What do Chinese hotels like?

A: Most of hotels are rated as 3-star or above (according to international standards). Most of the hotels have comfortable and convenient facilities.

Q. Is breakfast included?

A: Many hotels offer free breakfast. Often this is a continental breakfast or sometimes just coffee and donuts. It would be very rare for a Vacation rental to provide breakfast. If included, it should be listed on the Lodging Information page.

Q. What is a Single Supplement?

A. A Single Supplement is the surcharge when there is only one person staying in a room. They are quoted per person per night.

Q. What accommodation is particularly good for disabled passengers?

A: Throughout our travel programs, we have a number of hotels that offer excellent facilities for the disabled. There are only a small number of these rooms available, so please request at time of booking. If you are interested in any accommodation, please contact our Customer Care Department on +86-29-85223170 to discuss its suitability.
Wheelchair facilities are available for some services. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated on tours only if they can get on and off the tour vehicle on their own. The wheelchair must be foldable. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions. Please specify in the "Comments" box on the Order Form if anyone is handicapped and the nature of the handicap. We will make special arrangements where possible and will advise if there are any issues.
Please note: Wheelchair Accessible rooms at certain hotels cannot be booked online, please contact our Sales Team on +86-29-85223170 to request for this room type.

Q. Chinese Hotels ask for a large deposit for the incidental bills when I check in, is this normal?

A: All Chinese hotels will ask for a deposit upon check in. The amount required will vary depending on the hotel. The deposit should range from RMB 100 to RMB 1000 night. Hotels in Beijing demand the highest deposits. The deposit can be paid in cash or by credit card. The hotel will process the credit card transaction and then process a credit at check out. A receipt is issued for cash deposits and it is necessary to present the receipt to obtain the refund of the deposit.

Q. What is time for Check in and check out in hotel in china?

A: For all hotels in china, check-in time is after 14 pm, no room is guaranteed before this time. So, better plan to arrive at hotel after 14 pm. If you check in earlier, sometimes you have to wait for a long time in the lobby for room to be ready.
As for check out, you have to check out before 12:00 to avoid being charged extra. If you check out between 12:00 and 6pm there is a charge of 50% of the room price - after 6pm you have to pay for another full night.

Q. What shall I do for the laundry in the hotel?

A: Laundering service is available in your hotel and cruise ship. You will fill in a laundry form and then put this form and your cloth for laundry in the laundry bag in your room. Then you call the laundry service of the hotel, a laundry attendant will go up and collect your cloth. They will be delivered back to your room after finished. Normally if you have the laundry done in the morning, they will be finished in the evening. But you can ask for the express service if you need your clothing back quicker. You can pay the fare for the laundry when you check out.

Q. Do hotels offer internet access service in China?

A: Most 4-star and 5-star hotels provide internet access service in your room. You can also go to the business center of the hotel to access the internet.
Internet access service is free in some hotels or certain part of the hotel in China. Sometime you could get a free Wi-Fi connection in the lobby on Cafe of the hotel.

Q. Are there English-speaking staff working in the hotel?

A: Yes, English is a popular language in China. If you need any help, you may ask the receptionists.

Q. Is the tap water in Chinese hotels drinkable?

A: No, usually all rooms in the hotels are equipped with water heaters or thermos bottles. Boiled water will be offered by the hotel free of charge. Some hotels provide a free bottle of water daily. Bottled water is also widely available in stores, restaurants and street venders.

Q. Are rollaway beds/cribs available?

A: Most hotels and some vacation rentals offer rollaway beds and cribs (typically at a charge- $20.00-$50.00 each/night). Some may have restrictions on what room types will allow rollaway beds.

Q. What if there will be more than two adults in the room?

A: Most hotels allow additional guests to stay in the rooms at a charge (usually between $20.00-$50.00 per bed/night). Some hotels and most vacation rentals have a limit on how many people can stay in a room.

Q. Can I specify where I would like my room located (preferred floor, next to pool, etc.)?

A: The hotel staff will do their best to accommodate special requests. We cannot guarantee that your requests will be granted because they are subject to availability.

Q. Is there a waiting list for sold out hotels?

A: In certain instances, you can make reservations at sold out properties. If you want to be placed on a waiting list, you will need to contact the hotel directly.


Package Tours

Q. What is shopping tour and non-shopping tour?

A: Shopping tour is standard travel package arranged by almost every travel agent and tour operator for travel service distributors and tourists. In the process of a shopping tour, tourists will have time to shop at local product factory and souvenir shop. Most of the shops are not listed on the tour itinerary. Most souvenir shops in China include items as following:

Beijing 1: Jade ware Factory 2: Cloisonne Factory 3: Silk Factory 4: Pearl Workshop 5: Tea House 6: Chinese Furniture Factory 7: Traditional Chinese Medicine Pharmacy

Xi’an 1: The Terra Cotta Warriors Factory 2: Chinese Furniture Factory 3: Jade ware Factory 4: Tea House 5: Silk Factory 6. Carpet factory

Shanghai 1: Silk Factory 2: Pearl Workshop 3: Jade ware Factory 4: Tea House

Q. Does every travel agent/tour operator provide non-shopping tour?

A: No, usually, most regular travel agent and online travel agent only provide shopping tours IF tourists/customers did not request for non-shopping tour. We are the first to provide this quality service for tourists to ensure your travel experience in China will be enjoyable.

Q. What's the difference between shopping tour and non-shopping tour?

A: The rate of these two kinds of tours are different. The shopping tour is cheaper than non-shopping tour.

Advantage of shopping tour: you may have time to shopping for souvenirs and local products in different cities for Chinese silk, porcelain, Chinese tea, jade ware, pearl, lacquer ware and much more, meanwhile you could learn more about Chinese Culture.

Advantage of non-shopping tour: you may spend more time to enjoy sightseeing. Tour guide may recommend you to visit factories and shops but you can refuse and tell her/him that you booked a non-shopping tour package.

Q. Why shopping tour is cheaper than non-shopping tour?

A: Usually, drivers and tour guides will have some commission from factories and shops. So, the cost will be lower than non-shopping tour.

Q. What is included in a Private Package China Tour?

A: Price Includes:
1.Entrance fees of all attractions sites mentioned in the itinerary.
2.Meals as listed in the itinerary, B= Continental Breakfast; L= Chinese lunch; D= Chinese dinner; SD=show & dinner.
3. Professional private guide.
4.Private vehicle with experienced driver.
5.Round transfers between airports or railway stations and hotels.
6. Hotels (on double occupancy basis) as specified in the itinerary. If a single room is required, the single room supplement will be charged.
7.Domestic flights (Economy-class) or trains as listed 、airports taxes and fuel surcharges.
8.Service charge & Government taxes.
9.China Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance.

Q. What is included in a Join-in China Tours ?

A:Price Includes:
1. Entrance fees of all sites mentioned in the itinerary.
2. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B= Continental Breakfast; L= Chinese lunch; D= Chinese dinner; SD=special dinner.
3. Professional English speaking guide.
4. Air-conditioned coach with experienced driver.
5. Round trip transfers between airports or rail stations and hotels.
6. Hotels (twin share basis) as listed in the itinerary. If a single room is required, the single room supplement will be charged.
7.Domestic flights (Economy-class) or trains as listed 、airports taxes and fuel charge
s. 8. Service charge & Government taxes.
9. China Travel Agencies’ Liability Insurance.

Price Excludes:
1.The international transportation of entering and exiting China.
2. Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, telex, telephone calls or excess baggage charges.
3. China Visa fees.
4. Tips or gratuities to guides and drivers.

Q. What is included in a SIC Tours?

A:Price Includes:
1、Hotel pick-up & drop-off service(Re: within 2th Ring Road in Beijing).
2、Deluxe air-conditioned coach.
3、Entrance fees as listed in the itinerary.
4、Professional English speaking guide.
5、Chinese lunch if included.

Price Excludes:
1、Tips or gratuities to guides and drivers.
2、Fees of Cable car.
4、Personal expenses.

Q. What is included in a Private city tours?

A: Price Includes:
1. English-speaking guide or other language speaking guide on request.
2. Hotel pick-up & drop-off service of private vehicle with driver.
3. Entrance fees of the sites as mentioned in the itinerary.
4. Chinese lunch if included.

Price Excludes:
1、Tips or gratuities to guides and drivers.
2、Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
3、Personal expenses.

1. 100% cancellation fee will be made for no show up for all confirmed bookings.
2. Child rates will be offered on request.
3. Reservation should be made 30 days before arrival date.
4. Changes or cancellation can only be made 30 days before arrival date.
5. Please be noted that prices are subject to change without prior notice.

Q. Can I change what's in a package tour?

A: Absolutely yes, we combine the best airfare and rental cars for your destination with multiple hotel selections. Choose from inexpensive to luxury hotels, along with your favorite airlines and car vendors. You determine what's included in your package.


Passport and Visa

Q. Do I need visa for a visit to Hong Kong?

A: Residents of most countries can enter Hong Kong without applying for a visa in advance and are allowed to stay for 90 days. A visa will be issued on arrival. Pls. refer to Hong Kong and Macao Visa @ China Travel Kit for details.

Q. Can I still apply for my China Visa in Hong Kong and Macau?

A: After Hong Kong returned to China in 1997 and Macau returned to China in 1999, many foreigners choose to apply their China Visas in Hong Kong and Macau because it is much easier to apply for China Visas in the two places than in their home countries.

But the situation changed because too many foreigners are applying for China Visas in Hong Kong and Macau during the Olympics. Now, passport holders of 33 countries can not apply for China Visa in Hong Kong and Macau any more. The 33 countries are (listed alphabetically) Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Congo, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey and Uzbekistan.

The people who hold passports of other countries can still apply for China Visas in Hong Kong and Macau but the situation may change at any moment. We suggest our customers enquire Chinese embassies in their home countries before they go to Hong Kong or Macau to apply for China Visas.

Q. Are there any changes in applying for L Visa (Tourists Visa) and F Visa (Business Visa)?

A: L Visa (Tourists Visa) and F Visa (Business Visa) are two most popular categories of China Visas, many tourists are eager to know policy changes in the two categories of China Visas:

* F Visas issued in China mainland can not be renewed in mainland of China F Visa issued in China mainland can not be renewed in China mainland. But if you get your F Visa in Shenzhen or Zhuhai you can still renew it in China mainland. Other F Visa holders must go to Hong Kong, Macau or their own countries to renew F Visas.

* Validity of L Visa and F Visa has been reduced from 90 to 30 days.

* F Visa can not be switched to L Visa or Vice Versa.

Q. What documents do I need to prepare when applying for L Visa or T Visa?

* Passport: your passport with a validity of at least 6 months. Besides, there should be a few blank pages on your passport.
* Application Form: to apply for a China Visa, you need to complete an application form. You can download the application form on the official website of China embassy in your resident county.
* Photo: a photo the same with your passport. You need to glue it on your application form.
* Round Trip Air Tickets and Hotel Reservation: the hotel reservation should include your check-in and check-out time and the round trip air tickets should include your arrival and departure time. If you want to live in your friend’s home, you need to provide your friend’s passport number or ID number. If you want to live in your family member’s home you need to your family member’s passport number or ID number. Besides, you need to prepare a certificate of kinship.

The four documents are necessary to apply for both L Visa and F Visa. Besides, when applying for an F Visa you need a Visa notification issued by an authorized Chinese unit.

Q. Can I travel to Tibet by myself?

A: Yes, but you need to travel to Tibet with a guided tour arranged by a China Travel Agency. According to law of China, foreign tourists need the Tibet Permit while travel to Tibet.

Q. How to purchase Tibet train tickets & Tibet Permit?

A: We will purchase train tickets and arrange Tibet entry permits for customers who purchase a Tibet Tour package. Click here for our Tibet Tours.

Q. The name on my passport does not match the name on my ticket. Will this be a problem?

A: For many reasons, which include security issues, you may be denied boarding if your travel documents and tickets have different names.

Q. What is the difference between multiple-entry visa and single-entry visa?

A: Depending on the reciprocal treaties governing visa issuance for each nationality, a visa may allow one entry before its expiration, or it may permit the traveler to enter at various times.

A single-entry visa can only be used for one entry for the specific purpose for which it was granted.

In general, the number of times that a multiple-entry visa may be used depends upon restrictions of time (expiration date of the visa), the nationality of the traveler, or restrictions placed on the total number of days permitted in country during any year.

Q. Does the traveler actually have to sign passport and visa applications?

A: Yes. The applicant, through signature, is acknowledging that all the information appearing on the application is true and correct, and formally petitioning a sovereign nation for the right to enter that country.

Q. How do I acquire a Chinese visa?

A: For a China travel visa request, Chinese Embassy and Consulates require the following:

• Your valid and actual passport which must have at least six (6) months of remaining validity with at least one blank visa page in it.
• A recent passport photo.
• Completed China visa application form.
• An applicant who was born in China is required to submit his /her Chinese passport or last foreign passport with a Chinese visa when he or she applies for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport.
• To apply for a Multiple Entry "L" Visa valid for 6 months or 1 year, you need to submit documents that certify you will come to China frequently for family visits or sightseeing. Acceptable documents include an invitation letter from your family member in China or proof of the kinship; or ownership certificate of real estate in China, or sale agreement or lease agreement of an apartment in China; or a copy of adoption certificate or the child's former Chinese passport if he/she has adopted a child from China.
• Foreign Chinese born in China who have visited China at least twice in the past 12 months, need to submit a copy of the visa(s); or submit an official letter issued by the host institution in China, or an application letter which explains why you need to visit China frequently for tourism.
• Round trip international air tickets for the ones who want to apply tourists’ visa.

Notes: You must come to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate General in the consular jurisdiction in which you live to submit the application; or if you cannot come personally, you may entrust someone else or a travel/visa agent to come to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate -General in the consular jurisdiction in which you live for the application process.

For more detailed or up-to-date information, please see the USA Chinese Consulate website:

General speaking, a visa is valid for entry within three months from the date of issue. Please apply for your visa no more than three months in advance, but not too close to your departure date due to any problems that may arise.

Processing Time
Normal processing time for a visa is a minimum of five business days after the date the Chinese Consulate receives the application.



Q. How shall I dress on the ship and how many formal nights are there on my sailing?

A: No special formal dress is required on the ship. Be sure to take clothes that are suitable for the shore excursions or to enjoy scenery from the ship deck. Clothes to protect you from the hot sun in summer and strong wind in winter are essential.

Usually most ships will have two formal nights, the Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party and Dinner and the Captain's Farewell Dinner. The ship suggests that appropriate dress is: men jacket and tie, and ladies a dress or pantsuit, but the decision is up to you according to the availability of your clothing of your baggage.

Q. Are there any differences between upstream and downstream Yangtze River cruises?

A: Usually downstream cruise will take less time than upstream but it is more expensive on some ships because of higher demand from travelers. Some shore excursions may be different because of the different schedules by no means less interesting.

Q. What sights will I see on Yangtze River?

A: The cruise will allow you to enjoy some unique sights including superlative natural scenery, important historical sites. Some of the highlights from Chongqing to Yichuan are:

Chaotianmen Gate: Chaotianmen Gate is the largest harbor on the upper reach of the Yangtze River. It is an amazing place where the brown, muddy Yangtze meets the clear Jialing River.

Fengdu Ghost City: It is said to be the home of devil. The whole place has an eerie feel to it with deserted streets, tower blocks, empty shops and banks.

Shibaozhai: Shibaozhai is a rectangular rock with sheer cliffs, standing on the riverside. A 12-storey red wooden pagoda with upturned eaves stand on the top.

Lesser Three Gorges: The Lesser Three Gorges refers to the three separate valleys of the Daning River with the names of Dragon Gate Gorge, Misty Gorge and Emerald Gorge. The gorges are truly spectacular. Sheer cliffs soar up towards the sky from the brown-green water. Mountain tops hover above the ribbon of mist, disconnected from their roots.

Shennong Sream: Shennong Stream is a tributary of the Yangtze River. The crystal clear steam flows swiftly from north to south through deep gorges.

Baidi City(White Emperor City): Baidi City clings to grand hills and cliffs. It is well known as "the Poet City". Many ancient scholars once visited it and left many literary relics.

Gezhou Dam: The dam is 2,606 meters long and 70 meters high. There will be 5 ship locks and even an elevator to lift smaller ships over the dam.

The Three Gorges Dam: The Three Gorges Dam is a hydroelectric river dam that spans the Yangtze River in the town of Sandouping, located in the Yiling District of Yichang, in the Hubei province, China. It is the world's largest electricity-generating plant of any kind.

The dam body was completed in 2006. Except for a ship lift, all of the originally planned components of the project were completed on October 30, 2008 when the 26th generator was brought into commercial operation. Currently, it contains 26 completed generators in the shore power plant, each with a capacity of 700 MW. Six additional generators in the underground power plant are being installed and are not expected to become fully operational until around 2011. Coupling the dam's 32 main generators with 2 smaller generators (50 MW each) to power the plant itself, the total electric generating capacity of the dam will eventually reach 22,500 MW. The project produces hydroelectricity, increases the river's navigation capacity, and reduces the potential for floods downstream by providing flood storage space. From completion until September 2009 the dam has generated 348.4 TWh of electricity, covering more than one third of its project cost.

Note: You may only see some of those sights along your trip, which depends on the ship you will ride.

Q. Do any of the cabins have balconies over-viewing the river?

A: Most cabins do not have balconies. Staterooms on some ships have balconies. Ships with private cabins are: Victoria( 5 star) President 1 ( 5 star), Yangtze Angel( 5 star), Emperor( 5 star), Century Star 1 ( 5 star), Yangtze Paradise( 4 star).

Q. Yangtze Cruise Terms and Conditions

A: Yangtze River Cruise operators reserve the right to cancel a scheduled sailing if they do not receive enough bookings for the sailing. This situation is more likely to occur during July and August but can also occur in September and October. The cancellations can occur even though they have previously confirmed the reservation made by China Bravo Tours for our customers. Cancellation of a sailing usually occurs 15-30 days before the scheduled date but can be as little as 7 days before the sailing.

In the event that a cruise is cancelled we will do everything possible to rebook immediately on another ship, so that inconvenience is minimized. It is possible that an additional expense may be applicable if the available ship is more expensive than that of the original booking.

Please be assured that these events are beyond our control but we are here to serve you and will do all in our power to make your trip as smooth as possible.

Q. Can we get the cabin assignment on the cruise arranged early?

A: The ships do not assign cabins in advance. You may request a specific cabin on check-in in a similar way to domestic airline check in, however cabin allocation is at the discretion of the ship operators.

Q. Are there medical services onboard?

A: Professional medical services are available on almost all cruise ships and every ship has a doctor on call and two registered nurses in attendance.

Q. Do I have to participate in the cruise line's organized activities?

A: The organized activities include shore excursions and activities on board. On a cruise, the choice is yours. You may do what you want. You can do it all or just relax on the deck.

Q. How big are the cabins?

A: The standard cabins are from 8 to 16 sq. meters, not including bathroom. Most cabins measure 10- 12 sq. meters. Some rooms have 2 sq. meter private balconies. Splendid China has the largest cabin size: 22 sq. meters. Then East king and East Queen take the second place by 14 sq. meters. Extra beds are not allowed in smaller cabins but it may be possible to do so in larger cabins.

Suites usually double the size of the standard cabin at 30-40 sq. meters. They usually have a king or queen size bed or one double bed, bathtubs, and more furnishings. Interior decoration will be better.

Q. Are some ships better than others for children?

A: While most cruise lines offer supervised activities for children—such as swimming, sports, movies, and games—some ships don't, and some ships have better programs than others. In addition, some programs have minimum age requirements (generally age 2 or 3).

Q. Are there nonsmoking cruises?

A: Although there are no nonsmoking cruise ships, all ships do have designated nonsmoking areas, including most cabins, restaurants (including main dining rooms), and public areas.

Q. What are the different cabin categories?

A: All cabins are classified as following categories:
Inside cabins are generally the smallest cabins onboard and have no views.
Ocean-view cabins have windows or portholes.
Ocean-view cabins with balconies have windows and ocean-facing balconies.
Suites have windows and oftentimes balconies; they're generally the largest cabins onboard and offer the most amenities.

Q. What is included in the cruise price?

1. Cruise accommodation
The cruise accommodation is based on two persons sharing one cabin with private facilities in all relevant locations. If a single client requests a cabin alone, the single cabin supplement will be charged.

2. The cruise shore excursion in groups and daily activities.
These activities are subject to the arrangements made by the cruise company and subject to change without prior notice.

3. Food & beverage
On the cruise daily Continental breakfast, Chinese lunch and dinner are served. The beverage arrangements are subject to policies of different cruise companies.

Q. What is not included in the cruise price?

A: Generally, the cruise price does not include specialty drinks like sodas, specialty coffees, and alcoholic beverages; meals in alternative restaurants; spa and salon services; exercise classes like yoga and Pilates; casino gaming; organized shore excursions; photographs; medical services; gratuities; and gift shop purchases.

Q. Can unaccompanied minors cruise?

A: Unaccompanied minors cannot cruise. In fact, each cabin must have at least one adult age 25 or older as a guest. Exceptions are generally made for married couples under age 25 (or 21).

Q. What's the minimum cruising age?

A: Most cruise lines ask that children be at least six months old to sail.

Q. Why does it cost so much to book a single-passenger cabin?

A: Each cruise line bases its cabin rates on double occupancy. When you travel alone, you will pay an extra single supplement fee to make up for lost revenue.


Sepcial Needs

Q. I would to complain or write an appreciation letter about a certain aspect of my tour. How?

A: Please send any complaints in email to:

Q. I have just returned from my holiday and would like send a letter of thanks for an enjoyable tour.

A: We're glad to hear you had a great time on your travel to China. Please send any comments to:

Q: Is China Bravo Tours available for GAY TRAVELERS?

A: Yes, China Bravo Tours are mixed & straight friendly.


Travel Insurance

Q. Why should a traveler buy travel insurance?

A: Travel insurance gives travelers coverage for unforeseen problems, from a cancelled flight to a serious illness—or in rare cases, even an act of terrorism or the financial default of a travel supplier.

If an illness, accident, or other covered unforeseen circumstance forces a traveler to cancel or interrupt their plans, they face two major financial losses—money invested in nonrefundable pre-payments, and medical expenses that in many instances may not be covered by health insurance.

Q. What happens if a traveler must cancel their vacation?

A: Often a traveler will lose nonrefundable deposits and prepayments that can add up to hundreds—or even thousands—of dollars. A comprehensive travel insurance plan can provide trip cancellation coverage for the traveler's vacation investment—the insurance company reimburses the traveler for all pre-paid, nonrefundable expenses for a covered loss.

Q. How does trip cancellation and interruption coverage work?

A: It reimburses for forfeited, nonrefundable, unused payments or deposits if the traveler must cancel or interrupt their trip due to a covered reason.

Q. What other coverage is typically included in a travel insurance plan?

A: In addition to trip cancellation and interruption, the more comprehensive travel insurance plans available today may also cover emergency medical expenses; emergency medical transportation, when ordered by a doctor, to the nearest adequate medical facility; reimbursement for accommodations and expenses incurred due to travel delays; reimbursement for the purchase of essential items if baggage is delayed; and coverage against lost, stolen or damaged baggage.

Q. Does travel insurance cover terrorism?

A: Many travel insurance policies do not cover terrorism, or only cover terrorist acts that occur on foreign soil.

Q. Is the financial default of an airline, cruise line or tour operator covered?

A: Many of insurance companies' insurance programs include financial default coverage if the program is purchased within 15 days of making the initial trip deposit.

Q. How much does travel insurance cost?

A: The cost of travel insurance is based, in most cases, on the value of the trip and the age of the traveler. Typically, the cost is five to seven percent of the trip cost.

Q. What does the insurance cover provided by your company?

A: The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.

Benefits and Limitations:
In case that the Insured sustains accidental injury or is stricken by acute diseases while the Policy is in force, the Insurance Company will deliver its benefit payment in accordance with the following provisions:
1. Upon the death of the Insured due to the acute illness or disease itself within 7 days after he or she is stricken, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
2. Upon the death of the Insured due to the accidental injury itself within 180 days after the occurrence of accident, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
3. In case the Insured is missing because of the accident and is afterwards declared dead by the People's Court, the Insurance Company will pay the death benefit.
4. If the Insured sustains bodily disability from and only from the same accidental injury, the Insurance Company shall, upon receipt and approval of the proofs, pay a benefit for the disability provided such disability shall result within 180 days from the date of the accident. If treatment of such disability continues beyond 180 days from the date of the accident, the Insurance Company will pay disability benefits according to its appraisal of the Insured's disability seriousness on the 180th date from the occurrence of the accident.
5. When the Insured incurs medical expenses in hospitals at or above the county level or other medical providers approved by the Insurance Company, the Insurance Company will indemnify 80% of the medical expenses.
6. The corpse treatment and remains repatriation expenses insured for the Insured's death from the aforesaid causes, the Insurance Company will indemnify the expenses according to the actual expenditures within the funeral benefit.

Benefits shall not apply to any event which causing the Insured's death, disability or engenders medical expenses to the Insured: 1. Violation or attempted violation of the law or resistance to arrest;
2. Fighting, excessive drinking, suicide, self-inflicted injury or drug abuse by the Insured;
3. Accidents occurring while or because the Insured is affected by alcohol, any drugs or restricted medicines;
4. The Insured's driving after drinking or without driving license or using non validly-registered vehicles;
5. Accidents arising from the Insured's abortion and childbirth;
6. Any malpractice event arising from cosmetic surgery, or other surgical or medical operations;
7. Non-prescribed medicine or ointment taken by the Insured;
8. The period of time when the Insured carries AIDS or is digested HIV positive;
9. War, military activities, riot, or armed rebellion;
10. Nuclear explosion, nuclear radiation or nuclear pollution;
11. Non-medical treatment such as health nursing performed to the Insured;
12. Home care and in-house care undertaken to the Insured;
13. Teeth washing, teeth cleaning, optometry, ocular prosthesis, armature prosthesis, and installation of artificial limb and hearing-aid;
14. treatment and rehabilitation of disability existed prior to the Insured's application;
15. the Insured's hospital transfer without the Insurance Company's prior consent;
16. the insured leaving the sites of sightseeing arranged by the tourism agency or taking transportation means other than that of the tourism agency.

Insurance Period:
1. The Insurance Period of the Policy covering the tourists entering China commences from the time the Insured enters China and takes part in the itinerary arranged by the tourism services, and terminates at the time the Insured completes exit formalities to departing China and ends the journey.
2. The Insurance Period of the Policy covering the tourists traveling domestically commences from the time the Insured boards on the transportation vehicle arranged by tourism services at specified time, and terminate at the time the Insured leave the transportation vehicle arranged by tourism services to end the journey.
3. The Insurance Period ends at the time the Insured ceases the specified itinerary when the Policy is in force.

The Sum Insured
Accident Insurance: RMB200,000
Hospital Allowance: RMB11,000
Funeral Insurance: RMB9,000
Total Sum Insured: RMB220,000

Q. Can I claim for compensation from my local insurance company and your company?

A: Yes. There is no restriction to prevent this. This matter is entirely between you and the insurance company in your home country. As far as we are concerned you can be compensated by both insurance companies.



Q. What is the airport departure tax in China?

A: Airport tax (which is called airport construction fee in China) is of 50 yuan (about US$8) per airport for flying within China, 90 yuan (about US$14) for international departure, (including flying to Hong Kong or Macau from mainland China). It is HK$50 (around US$7) if you depart from Hong Kong airport. This fee will be charged at the time when purchasing the flight tickets.

Q. Is it possible to send us the domestic plane tickets to our home in the US, UK or other countries?

A: Yes, it is possible as long as you will not go to Tibet and Yunnan! But, we do not recommend you to do so.

We recommend you picking up the tickets once you are here in China due to the following reasons:

1. It would take at least 2 weeks or even longer for us to mail them to you even by using the fast cross county EMS service. It will be a pity if you failed to receive them before leaving for China.

2. Change of your flight or and even cancellation of flights happens quite often before flying date, airline company may put all clients into one flight if there will be not enough passengers for different flights. Airline Company will inform us only but not clients. If this happens, we have to re-issue or take the ticket back to receive a stamp confirmation. As a matter of fact, we usually wait until the last day according to airlines company regulations before issuing the tickets in order to avoid work in vain.

3. It may not always be possible to issue airline tickets for your whole tour before the commencement of your tour. This situation is caused by the need to purchase tickets in a particular city to obtain the best possible airfare. Your guide will ensure that your tickets are available for each part of your journey. If you are unescorted for all or part of your tour we will ensure that your air tickets are available from your hotel in good time for your departure. We will attempt to have the tickets available when you check into your hotel on your arrival in the city.

Q. How can I order some oxygen for onboard the aircraft?

A: If you require additional oxygen while onboard, please contact our Customer Care department on +86 29 85223170.

Q. What is the current hand baggage policy on Chinese airlines?

Economy Class
You are permitted ONE piece of hand luggage each. It must not be larger than 23cm x 36cm x 56cm (9in x 14in X 22in) overall and should also not weigh more than 6kg. Passengers are asked to take only essentials on board and check-in all non essential items. Please note that these procedures are being strictly enforced. An infant's carrying basket and food for consumption during the flight will be carried free over and above the baggage allowance, as will a fully collapsible wheelchair and/or a pair of crutches. Both the carrying basket and wheelchair will normally be carried in the hold.

Business Class
Business Class passengers are allowed two pieces of hand luggage, each not larger than 23cm x 36cm x 56cm (9in x 14in x 22in) overall and not weighing more than 12kg together. You should also avoid packing any sharp objects in your hand luggage, such as tweezers, scissors, knitting needles etc. Please make sure you include important items, such as travel documents, medicines, money and jewelry in your hand baggage.

Q. What is the maximum size and weight of hand luggage on Chinese airlines?

A: The luggage should not exceed 55cm x 35cm x 23cm (22in x 14in x 9in) and weigh no more than 6kgs.

Q. How much is it to transport golf clubs on Chinese airlines?

A: All items of sporting equipment such as golf clubs, skis (with one pair of poles and one pair of boots), rucksacks, sleeping bags, and bicycles will be considered as one piece of luggage. Excess charges will apply.

Q. Can a handbag or camera case be taken on board as well?

A: Yes, passengers may also carry onboard a small handbag (not exceeding 1kg) and a small camera.

Q. Will x-ray machines (airport screening) harm undeveloped camera film?

A: You need to be aware of stringent security checks being introduced, which could cause problems with undeveloped rolls of film. This is a potential problem for holiday snaps as well as for professionals. All checked in baggage has to be screened for explosives. Most checks are carried out by EDS (Explosive Detection System) using x-rays, which can cause fogging or white lines to appear on the film once it's developed.

We would advise passengers to carry all film in hand luggage. Since hand-luggage is also subject to x-ray scanning at security checkpoints, passengers should ask for the film to be checked by hand. It's a good idea to put it in an easily removable, separate bag inside the hand luggage. If the bag and film canisters are clear all the better. To be specific the following films are particularly at risk: film rated at ASA/ISO 800 or higher, and x-ray, scientific, sheet, large format, medical, motion picture and professional film. As a guide, most standard films are usually ASA/ISO 100 - 200, but even these may be affected if they are repeatedly checked by x-ray. One way to avoid problems is to get exposed films developed locally.

Q. Can I take a portable CD / Cassette player or MP3 as hand luggage?

A: Only if it can be carried within hand luggage and it does not exceed the specified dimensions and weight.

Q. Will I be able to carry things that I need for my young child?

A: Yes, however, these should be accommodated within the one piece of hand luggage. If you want something restricted, that will be difficult for you.

Q. Are electrical items or aerosols allowed in hold luggage?

A: As these items are generally not required for during a trip they can be placed within hold luggage. We recommend that they are carefully packed in the centre of the case wrapped in something to protect them.

Q. Are cameras, camcorders, mobile phones, game-boys or laptops allowed in the cabin?

A: Yes, these items can be taken in the cabin. Cameras should have films rewound to avoid the pictures already taken being ruined as they may be subject to inspection. All electronic equipment may be subject to x-ray examination. Mobile phones should be switched off at all times.
Laptops should be removed from bags / carry cases and placed on the x-ray machine separately.

Q. Should fragile or valuable items be stored in hold luggage?

A: No, these should be packed in hand luggage. If this is not possible, please consider whether it is essential to take the items. If items are placed in hold luggage, it is unlikely you will be covered by any travel insurance and equally we will not be able to accept any liability.

Q. What extra security procedures are in place?

A: The security checks at airports around the world have increased considerably. Expect suitcases to be scanned before check-in, hand luggage X-rayed and manually searched, and a further security check at the boarding gate. These checks vary day to day and airport to airport.

Q. On what airlines can I purchase e-tickets?

A: E-tickets are currently offered by most major airlines that China Bravo Tours carries, but not necessarily for every flight. Certain flights--such as those that are handled by more than one airline--may require paper tickets.

Q. What is Jet Fuel Tax? How will this affect my airline ticket price?

A: China National Development and Reform Commission and the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC) have jointly decided on Tuesday July 26 that all passengers who take domestic flights within China will be required to pay from US $6.4 to $10.3 per ticket which varies according to the international fuel price when buying domestic tickets after August 1, 2005.

The jet fuel surcharge is $ 6.4 per ticket for a distance less than 800 km and US$10.3 for a distance of more than 800 km.

This policy is not applicable for flights to Hong Kong and Macao, as the airlines were authorized to levy additional fees in June, 2005 for those flights.

We will add this fee to our tour quotations so that our customers will not have to worry about this charge. Customers who have confirmed their bookings with us are still required to pay the additional fees besides the confirmed tour price. Your travel advisor will contact you for the details. Your understanding and cooperation on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Q. My flight tickets have more than one flight on it. Is this correct?

A: Each flight sector with a different flight number has a separate coupon. Please do not dispose of your ticket until all coupons have been pulled at check-in.

Q. Can I accumulate points when booking flight tickets on Chinese airlines?

A: Four major Chinese airlines, Air China, Shanghai Airlines, China Southern Airlines, and Dragon air currently belong to international frequent flyer programs and it is therefore possible to accumulate points for flights on these airlines.

Claim your points
Our travel advisor will ask if you are a member of a frequent flyer program, remember to advise your membership information and tell her your member number. Show your member card before you board the flight and your points will be confirmed within 2 months.
If you do not get you points in this way it is possible to claim point by contacting the air company to which the flight you took belongs, at a later date. You need to keep your ticket or a copy of your e-ticket and your boarding pass until the miles your points are confirmed.
Air China and Shanghai Airlines are members of Star Alliance. China Southern Airlines belongs to Sky Team.

Star Alliance Members
The Star Alliance is the largest airline alliance in the world. At present, there are 20 members: Air China, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana, Austrian, Bmi, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, Swiss International Airlines, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways Intl, United Airlines, US Airways, Shanghai Airlines, and Turkish Airlines.

Sky Team
The Sky Team is the second largest airline alliance. There are 11 members: Aeroflot, Aero Mexico, Air France, Alitalia, China Southern Airlines, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta Airlines, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines.

One World
The One World is the third largest airline alliance. There are 10 members: American Airlines, British Airways, Dragonair, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malév, Qantas and Royal Jordanian.


Money Matters

Q. May I take Chinese currency to in and out china?

A: A passenger entering or leaving China is allowed to carry no more than RMB 6,000 yuan with him. You are required to declare your import of Chinese currency exceeding 6000 Rm. But as it is very easy to exchange USD and some other currencies into Chinese RMB in the hotels or the bank of china, so it is not necessary to bring the Chinese currency with you to china.

Q. Which kind of traveler's cheques can I take? Where can I cash the travel’s cheque?

A: For the convenience of travelers in China, the Bank of China cashes travel cheques sold by international commercial banks and travel cheque companies in the United States, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Britain, France, Switzerland, Germany and other countries and regions. The Bank of China also sells travel cheques issued by American Express, National Bank of New York, Thomas Cook, Sumitomo Bank, and Swiss Bank.

Q. What credit cards are accepted in China? Where and How can I pay by the credit card?

A: The following foreign credit cards are acceptable in China:
(1) Master Card; (2) Visa Card; (3) American Express Card; (4) JCB Card; and (5) Diners Card.

Card-holders may draw cash at the Bank of China or conversion centers designated by the Bank of China, or pay for their expenses at department stores, restaurants and hotels where credit cards are acceptable.

You can also pay by credit card in large souvenir shops that the guide will take you for visit if you have some free time after sightseeing. Credit card symbols are displayed in the visible place in shops indicating credit cards are accepted. But most department stores and super markets in china do not accept credit card. So when you are prepared for shopping, better exchange some Chinese money and take with you.

Q. Where and how to exchange money in china?

A: After you come to china, you can convert your currency into RMB at all banks, bank branches or hotels according to the exchange rate on that day. The State Foreign Exchange Administration announces the exchange rates on a daily basis.

Black market in foreign currency is forbidden in China. Sometimes you can meet people in front of hotels, at tourist spots or at banks who want to have a deal with you for a black market exchange. The exchange rate they offer is always higher than the bank rate. But you should be extremely careful because it is illegal and you risk being cheated. Sometimes these people don't give you the right amount, since you don't have time to count the money or, even worse, they may give you fake notes or a bundle of plain paper with a few notes on the top.

The following foreign currencies can be cashed into Renminbi in China: ( US dollar, British pound sterling, French franc, Deutsche mark, Japanese yen, Australian dollar, Austrian schilling, Belgian franc, Canadian dollar, Hong Kong dollar, Swiss franc, Danish krone, Dutch guilder, Norwegian krone, Swedish krona, Singaporean dollar, Thai baht, Spanish peseta, Malaysian ringgit, Italian lira, Macao pataca, Finnish markka, and Euro).

You can have your surplus amount of Renminbi changed back into foreign currency and take it out of China within a grace period of six months prior to departure from China, but in doing so you have to show a foreign currency conversion receipt. So when you exchange the money, better keep the receipt every time.

Q. What is Chinese currency?

A: Chinese currency is known as renminbi (RMB, literally "the people's money") or the yuan (¥). However, you'll mostly hear money referred to as kuai qian, literally "pieces of money," or kuai for short. Bills come in denominations of ¥100, ¥50, ¥20, ¥10, ¥5, ¥2, and ¥1, which also appear as a coin. The next unit down is the jiao (¥0.10), commonly referred to as Mao. There are notes and coins for ¥0.50, ¥0.20, and ¥0.10. Beyond that is the fen (¥0.01), but you'll hardly ever see or have use for it. China being primarily still a cash society, keep a good stock of smaller bills, especially ¥10 notes, for street stalls, convenience stores, and taxis.

Since 2005, the yuan is no longer pegged solely to the U.S. dollar, but rather a basket of currencies (known as a "crawling peg") with the result that the yuan has appreciated around 2%. At press time, the U.S. dollar was trading at about ¥7.00 to US$1, the pound sterling at around ¥15.08, and the euro at ¥10.00. For this guide, U.S. dollar rates have been rounded off to ¥7 to US$1). For the latest exchange rates, consult

The basic unit of Renminbi is the yuan and the smaller units are the jiao and fen. One yuan can be divided into 10 jiao and one jiao can be divided into 10 fen (10 fen=1 jiao, 10 jiao=1 yuan).

Yuan, jiao and fen are issued both in bills and coins. The banknote has the following denominations: 1,2, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 yuan; 1, 2 and 5 jiao; and 1,2 and 5 fen.

Coins include 1 yuan coin and 5 jiao cion, 2 jiao coin, 1 jiao coin and 5 fen coin, 2 fen coin and 1 fen coin. But fen banknotes and coins are seldom used in china nowadays.

If you happen to find fen paper money and coins, you can keep it as souvenir.


Need more information ?

Ask the tour operator questions about this tour and get reply within 1 working day!

Name:    Email:    Tel:    


China Tours
China Highlights Tours
Yangtze River Cruise
Shangri-La Tours
Silk Road Tours
Tibet Tours
City & Budget Tours
Xi'an Tours
Beijing Tours
Shanghai Tours
Guilin Tours
Other Cities
Theme Tours
Tailor Made Tours
China Guide
Chinese Culture
China City Guide
China Attractions
China Travel Kit
China Maps
China Photos
Travel Tools
Terms & Conditions
Payment Options
Contact Us


China Bravo Tours operated by Xi'an CITS
Travel Permit No: L-SNX-GJ00003
Business License: 610000100091601
Tel: 0086-29-86692055
Customer Service:0086-29-86692055
Fax: 0086-29-85360933
Copyright (C) Xi'an CITS, All Rights Reserved

Partner Sites: Expedia | Priceline | Flight Centre | Hotwire | Orlando Theme Park Vacations | Sell Off Vacations | Marathon Hotel Guide |
Dubai apartment rentals | Web-Popularity | More Partners...